Terms & Conditions (please read our 'ALL ABOUT ME' page for a clearer laymans explanation of terms and conditions)
Any purchase is deemed to constitute acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
2. DELIVERY: Any dates quoted for delivery of orders are approximate only and The Kitty Cave. shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the orders howsoever caused. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence unless previously agreed by The Kitty Cave in writing. Your order will be processed by us within three working days after payment. UK customers, please allow up to 10 working days for delivery; overseas customers please allow up to 14 working days for delivery. (these time limits are subject to change according to Royal Mail and other postal services, from time to time).
Please note, most of our items are sent without boxes. On listings where there is a banner stating 'Free Gift Box/Bag With This Item', the item will be sent in either a box or a gift bag, or a watch pouch, depending on the value of item, item shape and availability of box, bag or pouch.
3. SHIPPING POLICY: Items will be shipped within 3 working days. If your item is urgent please email us BEFORE purchasing, as it may not be possible to arrange a faster dispatch. If your item has not been received within 28 working days and the seller has not contacted you, please contact the seller. Please also keep in mind that we shall not begin the delivery process until funds have cleared. If The Kitty Cave fail to deliver the order for any reasons other than any cause beyond our reasonable control, we shall reimburse the price of the goods. We will not ship to any PO Boxes or unconfirmed addresses, as this affects our ability to prove an item has been sent. Note, a working day is any day other than Saturdays, Sundays and UK Public Holidays.
4. POSTAGE COSTS & INSURANCE: All postage is discounted by 50% for every subsequent item purchased after the 1st (highest postage applied 1st), postage is capped at £10, so effectively, purchase as much as you want, highest postage applied will be £10 (£15 for non-UK addresses - airmail, max weight 1kg, or surface mail max weight 2kg)- not including insurance. Postage costs stated include packaging costs incurred by us. Other than this the postage cost is as determined by our chosen courier. Please remember that goods weighing over 2kg once packaged must be sent by a courier other than royal mail which incurs higher costs. Whatever postage cost we state on the description is the postage cost that will be charged. Please do not bid if you think the postage cost is too expensive. All items with a final valuation exceeding £40 will not be insured unless the winning bidder purchases optional insurance.
Very occasionally, we may make insurance a required condition of sale, but ONLY where the item is an expensive or designer one and has exceeded the £40 minimum limit by a considerable amount.
If you are asked for an insurance amount and do not agree to it, you are welcome to cancel your order. This is a very rare occurrence and usually only happens when the order is large and requested to a country that has a reputation for mail being stolen (this includes, but is not limited to, India, Pakistan, Italy, Croatia & Brazil)
5. PAYMENT PREFERENCES: Preferred methods of payment are cash, cheque, money order and paypal. All payments must be made in GBP (we do not accept any form of foreign currency payments unless made through paypal). WE DO NOT ACCEPT BANK TRANSFERS OF ANY FORM! Do not ask for our bank details or assume that it will be OK to make a bank transfer. It is not.
6. RECEIPT OF GOODS: Should the customer be dissatisfied upon delivery with any of the goods from The Kitty Cave, we would appreciate contact as soon as possible if goods are faulty in order to facilitate speedy rectification. Faulty or damaged goods need to be reported within 48 hours of receipt...later than this and we shall assume the item was received in good order, and that damage was brought on by wear and tear, or misuse.
All our watches are covered with a return to base warranty for mechanical breakdown for a period of 12 months (unless otherwise stated in the listing) which means returning the item to us securely packed and according to the instructions provided on the warranty card. Although very rare, any problems with straps, pins, buckles, clasps, batteries, metal finish, embedded stones falling out, etc are not included in the warranty and are deemed as wear and tear problems. We may still be able to help you if you have a wear and tear problem, so please email us to inquire. It is advisable to read our Watch Guide (available as a link on the store home page) to familiarise yourself with regards to water resistance grading.
NB: Some advertisements show the wording 'with free box or bag'. This is subject to the sellers discretion. You are not automatically entitled to a box. The item has most probably come already packed in, (or we will provide), either a box, or a gift bag/watch pouch/wallet(velveteen). We are simply letting you know that the item will be sent in some sort of gift packaging.
7. CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS:
BUY IT NOW ITEMS: In the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with your Buy It Now purchase from The Kitty Cave, under distance selling laws you are entitled to cancel any contract made for goods within 7 working days following receipt of said goods.
To do this, you must contact us by email through the eBay messaging service. You are then responsible for returning the goods at your own cost in the original condition, with the original, secure packaging and paypal invoice/receipt within 7 days. We strongly suggest a tracked and insured method of service be used. The original postage costs will be refunded. Provided these terms are met refunds will be made in the form of the original method of payment. We DO NOT offer refunds on earrings or other body jewellery and items which are not returned within the allocated timescale (these will be sent back with the costs of return being your responsibility).
Please note, matters where the colour is slightly different than you can see on screen, a discrepancy of size measurements within 2% of approximate size given in description and/or similar disagreements, do not entitle you to a paid return of goods. A paid return of goods is entitled where the item is grossly mis-described, with incorrect 'absolute' sizing of over 2% difference than stated in the description, complete colour difference, i.e blue instead of red, or goods damaged on receipt, etc.
Please also note that your rights under Sale of Goods legislation are not affected.
AUCTION ITEMS: Returns and refunds are not issued against auction items or occasionally listed used/2nd hand items. If you change your mind or the item does not suit you, our are hands are tied - auctioned items are not mail order, you are being offered the chance to get an expensive item for lower than a buy it now price. Refunds are not offered if you have bid on the wrong size or item is not suitable - Please read descriptions carefully. Used/2nd hand items are listed occasionally, and you are strongly advised to inspect before collection, especially if a 'collection only' is offered.
8. PRIVACY STATEMENT: The Kitty Cave is committed to protecting your privacy. Any information you provide us with will be stored securely, and will be password protected, and will not be sold or traded to third parties.
9. COPYRIGHT: All pictures/ descriptions are copyright of The Kitty Cave & The Feline Group.
10. DISCLAIMER: We reserve the right to re-list any item whereby the buyer does not accord to the above terms and conditions in full. The validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by English (UK) Law.